Monday, February 10, 2014

Products We Love: The Boots BHB Wears

I like to put boots on Mark's front legs for rides. He's never needed them before with his short legs, but I'd rather not risk any freak leg injuries. The same reason I wear a helmet for every ride or wear a seat belt when I'm in a car. Better to be safe than sorry!


Stock picture of the XC Lite boots, because mine are not this clean
I really like our New Equine Wear (N.E.W.) boots. Mark got his first pair of X-Country Lite boots as a 4 year old when we had eventing dreams, and I still use these almost every ride for schooling 3 years later. They're still holding up quite well too! They are very lightweight, flexible, have extra protection for the back of the cannon bone, and (most importantly) fit Mark's short and wide cannon bones better than any other boots I've tried.



The super-fluffy fleece brushing boots
Last year I picked up a pair of the N.E.W. fleece brushing boots. They don't get as hot and wet as most other fleece or wool-lined boots do. The fleece is actually quite lightweight and fluffy instead of dense like the Valena or Dover boots, making the entire boot fairly lightweight. These are in my show box right now and I use them primarily when we school at shows. With the seemingly-endless rain we've received in the past year, saturating the ground, I haven't used these for schooling at home as much as I'd like.  I tend to grab the XC Lite boots first instead of these since I can easily hose them off and immediately put them away after riding. Also, the XC Lite boots have been through millions of mud puddles in the past 3 years, so I don't feel bad about getting them filthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment