Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Heading to the US Dressage Finals Tomorrow!

We leave tomorrow morning to head to the US Dressage Finals in Lexington, KY! This week the BHB got a body clip, new shoes, and a health certificate. I’m just hoping I manage to pack everything I need for the trip since I seem to be forgetting everything lately. I plan to get to the KHP by 5pm tomorrow so I have time to get the BHB out for a slow hack/trail ride around the park to stretch his legs. Then on Friday Heather comes up and we’ll do a schooling session on-site before we compete on Saturday morning. Our Saturday morning ride (2nd level AA freestyle) will be live broastcast on USEF Network if anyone wants to watch him go. I just really hope I can master the second level freestyle because I really love the choreography and music! You bet I’m going to try my hardest riding that thing this weekend! We could REALLY use that $1100 first place prize money (my bank account hates me for doing 2 big out-of-town shows in 2 months)! And the BHB still hasn’t won his own prize cooler yet, so that wouldn’t hurt either ;). With only 2 classes this weekend, the BHB should have plenty of energy to nail every movement.


Last weekend the BHB was officially approved into the Irish Draught studbook and he’ll be sporting an IDHSNA breed society saddle pad during our classes/awards ceremonies. The Irish inspectors liked him, although they said his but was not voluptuous enough to score super high. Oh well, at least it more than serves the purposes we need even if he’s not “all about the bass” like many other Irish Draughts. He proceeded to show them his most plodding gaits ever during the inspection, much to my dismay. I just wish I could have shown them his gaits undersaddle when he actually can be coaxed to giving effort to his work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment